Combine the ingredients, serve, and enjoy!
Craving a deliciously light yet filling meal? Enter our 6-Ingredient Caprese Pasta Salad. It’s light, healthy, and requires only six ingredients. Caprese salad originated in Italy and is a popular dish served in summer when tomatoes and basil are thriving. Because of its simplicity and freshness, it is one of the most beloved summer dishes in the country.
Each salad bowl contains loads of vitamins and minerals like vitamin C from tomatoes, vitamin K from fresh basil, and antioxidants from extra-virgin olive oil. After cooking the pasta ahead of time, just chop the fresh vegetables and mix them together in one bowl. Combine the ingredients, serve, and enjoy!
6-Ingredient Caprese Pasta Salad
- 4 cups whole-grain short pasta cooked (like penne, fusilli, farfalle, etc.)
- 8 ounces mozzarella ball fresh, diced
- 8 roma tomatoes or 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 10 basil leaves fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of sea salt more to taste
- In a serving bowl, combine all ingredients and toss to combine.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you enjoyed this pasta salad recipe, we think you’ll also want to try:
- Shrimp and Feta Salad Bowl
- Hearty Kale Salad
- Harvest Salad with Maple Walnut Vinaigrette
- Skinny Pasta Salad
- Turnip, Kiwi, and Pomegranate Salad
- Green Bean and Tomato Salad
Make sure you subscribe to our daily eNewsletter so you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs. Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
We’d love to hear what you think about this Caprese Pasta Salad. Leave us a comment in the section below.