Enjoy the best of the Fall season!
In celebration of autumn’s harvest, we put together this healthy salad and dressed it with an equally autumn-themed vinaigrette. Our Harvest Salad with Maple Walnut Vinaigrette is packed with nutrients from a variety of ingredients. For the salad greens, we used spinach; a rich source of minerals and vitamins K and A. As old-timer Popeye says, spinach keeps you strong to the finish! We added a pop of flavor to the salad with pears, skins included. Pear skin contains half of the fruit’s total dietary fibers and three to four times more phenolic phytonutrients than the pulp – so don’t forget to eat the whole thing! Another ingredient in this incredibly healthy salad is walnuts. They are a rich source of monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fats.
Harvest Salad with Maple Walnut Vinaigrette
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil optional walnut oil
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3 apples optional pears
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, walnut oil, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a large salad bowl, drizzle on dressing and toss to combine.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Healthy Salad Recipes: