In celebration of autumn’s harvest, we put together this healthy salad and dressed it with an equally autumn-themed vinaigrette. Our Harvest Salad with Maple Walnut Vinaigrette is packed with nutrients from a variety of ingredients. For the salad greens, we used spinach; a rich source of minerals and vitamins K and A. As old-timer Popeye says, spinach keeps you strong to the finish! We added a pop of flavor to the salad with pears, skins included. Pear skin contains half of the fruit’s total dietary fibers and three to four times more phenolic phytonutrients than the pulp – so don’t forget to eat the whole thing! Another ingredient in this incredibly healthy salad is walnuts. They are a rich source of monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fats.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 347 | Total Fat: 23 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 138 mg | Cholesterol: 509 mg | Carbohydrates: 34 g | Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 23 g | Protein: 5 g | SmartPoints: 14
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (optional walnut oil)
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 3 apples (optional pears)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts pieces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, walnut oil, maple syrup, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the remain ingredients to a large salad bowl, drizzle on dressing and toss to combine.
More Healthy Salad Recipes:
If you like what you see in SkinnyMs., subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the loop about what’s new in healthy living.