Fresh ingredients like tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, and extra virgin olive oil go a long way toward a healthy body and lifestyle. We combined our favorite nutritious ingredients in this 6-Ingredient Mediterranean Salad. Just slice, toss and eat – simple, easy, and stress-free!
This salad is packed with lovely flavors and nutrients that you can enjoy over and over again. In fact, the more you have it, then the better it will be for your body! Avocado enriches the salad with its incomparable flavor and nutrients. Avocados are especially rich in pantothenic acids, vitamin K, and fibers. They pair wonderfully with almost anything because of their mildly nutty taste. Simply toss and enjoy!
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 257 | Total Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 20mg | Carbohydrates: 17g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints: 9 |
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a serving bowl, combine all vegetables. In a small bowl whisk together the extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice, drizzle over salad ingredients and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
It’s always a pleasure to hear from our readers. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.