Get faster fat-burning and muscle-toning results!
Compound workouts are a nice treat after a full week of isolated routines. You might be thinking, “A treat? Really?” but hear me out! Most workout plans designate a day of the week for a particular muscle group. On these days, you really isolate and challenge a specific body part. At the end of the week, you should enjoy a total body workout to hit each muscle one more time! This routine is meant to be different and fun, but it will also boost your progress significantly. These seven compound exercises for a total body transformation will help you shed fat and tone-up!
Get Results with a Healthy Diet
A solid workout regimen is a great first step to improving your health and appearance. That said, a healthy diet is also vital to getting the results that you crave. When you nourish your muscles properly, you have better workouts, which lead to even greater results!
Luckily, you’re in the right place when it comes to exercise routines and clean-eating plans. If you need a little bit of guidance on your diet, we have some amazing options to choose from. There’s something for everyone, no matter your dietary preferences. Consider trying any of these delicious and nutritious options:
- 7-Day Healthy Eating Plan for Beginners
- 4-Week Keto Meal Plan
- 14-Day Beginner’s Plant-Based Meal Plan
- 7-Day Lean and Clean Meal Plan
- 28-Day Vegetarian Weight Watchers Meal Plan
7 Compound Exercises For A Total Body Transformation
Compound exercises allow you to get a lot of work in a little amount of time. Each exercise has a set range of motion, but you get to add another exercise at the end to incorporate another muscle group. Compound workouts are great for people who are short on time or anyone who is looking to blast more fat.
For this workout, you’ll need a set of light and medium dumbbells, a jump rope, and an interval timer, which is available on most phones.
Perform each exercise for 30 seconds without rest. Complete four rounds, resting for 45 seconds between each round. If you’re a beginner, rest for 10 seconds after each exercise and complete three rounds.
- Jump Rope: Jumping rope is one of my favorite total body exercises. Jump high, jump fast, and move those feet.
- Squat with Curl to Press: This exercise works on your lower body, biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Keep your core tight throughout this exercise, especially during the press. A tight core helps avoid excess strain on your spine.
- Dumbbell Jackknife: This is a compound exercise because it works both upper and lower abs. Not all ab workouts incorporate multiple muscles.
- Push-up with Renegade Row: Renegade rows are challenging enough. They work your biceps, shoulders, back, and abs. The push-up helps incorporate your chest and triceps.
- Dumbbell Deadlift to Burpees: Deadlifts help strengthen your legs and glutes. Strengthening and lengthening the back of your thighs, as well as your booty, helps improve overall movement and flexibility. Burpees are always a fun closeout exercise. Jump high! Note that you can perform this sequence with or without the push-up during the burpee phase.
- Dumbbell Row to Triceps Kickback: Blast your back and triceps muscles with this fluid compound exercise.
- Plank Step Out: Closeout with this plank exercise that works your core muscles and obliques. Keep your abs rolled toward your spine throughout the plank.
If you’re short on time for this total body workout, you’re probably short on time for meals. Refuel with any of these 21 Easy 15-Minute Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes.
Squat Curl Press
Push Up With Renegade Row
Dumbbell Deadlift to Burpee
Dumbbell Row to Tricep Kickback
Plank Step Out
These compound exercises for a total body transformation are essential to any well-rounded workout routine. Perform this entire workout in sequence, or add the exercises one-by-one into your daily routine. Remember: If you want to change your body, you have to challenge it!
If you enjoyed this workout, we think you might also like to try:
- 15-Minute Total Body Trim Down
- Top 4 Barbell Exercises for an Athletic Figure
- 30-Day Total Abs Transformation Challenge