Everyone needs an easy and delicious go-to chicken dish!
If you’re looking for a delicious way to add Brussels sprouts to your weeknight meal rotation, this easy to prepare balsamic chicken and Brussels sprouts recipe will do it. Intensely flavored, yet insanely nutritious, this is an easy way to keep your waistline in check while also eating a satisfying meal. Toasted walnuts add crunch and heart-healthy fats. Tired of chicken? Try it with pork tenderloin instead.
Balsamic Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound Brussel sprouts fresh, halved
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves fresh
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper fresh
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it’s good and hot, add the olive oil, then add the sprouts cut side down. Allow to cook for several minutes until well browned, and then flip.
- Add the chicken to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the chicken is well browned, and add the thyme. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, and add the balsamic vinegar and walnuts. Continue cooking until vinegar is reduced and walnuts are toasted before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms