If you’re looking for a delicious way to add Brussels sprouts to your weeknight meal rotation, this easy to prepare balsamic chicken and Brussels sprouts recipe will do it. Intensely flavored, yet insanely nutritious, this is an easy way to keep your waistline in check while also eating a satisfying meal. Toasted walnuts add crunch and heart healthy fats. Tired of chicken? Try it with pork tenderloin instead.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 322| Total Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 65 mg | Sodium: 195 mg | Carbohydrates: 7g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped, walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. When it’s good and hot, add the olive oil, then add the sprouts cut side down. Allow to cook for several minutes until well browned, and then flip.
- Add the chicken to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. Stir and cook until the chicken is well browned, and add the thyme. Continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through, and add the balsamic vinegar and walnuts. Continue cooking until vinegar is reduced and walnuts are toasted before serving.