Nothing satisfies us during the summer heat better than a delicious bowl of creamy ice cream. It’s too bad that that satisfaction can turn to remorse when we take a closer look at the ingredient labels on the back of our favorite traditional brands. Ethyl acetate, glycol, yellow #5, oh my!
Don’t worry. SkinnyMs. has got your back this summer. Our Blackberry-Banana Ice Cream has only 4 whole-food ingredients, and it tastes so good, eating it before it melts won’t be a problem. Plus, at only 188 calories per serving, there’s no way to go wrong!
Add a dollop of our Whipped Topping recipe atop Blackberry-Banana Ice Cream and you’ve got one crowd-pleasing summer dessert.
Yields: 3 servings | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 188 | Total Fat: 2 gm | Saturated Fats: 1 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 6 mg | Sodium: 19 mg | Carbohydrates: 42 gm | Dietary fiber: 5 gm | Sugars: 29 gm | Protein: 4 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 frozen sliced bananas, slice into ¼” pieces before freezing
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup milk, (optional coconut or almond milk)
- Add all the above ingredients to a food processor, pulse until blended and creamy. This process requires stopping and stirring a few times and may take 2-3 minutes to fully blend ingredients.
- Serve ice cream immediately.
It’s not always easy to incorporate an eating plan that is nutritious, satisfying, and doesn’t break the bank. Take the stress out of meal planning with eMeals Clean Eating Meal Plans– the perfect way to implement a healthy menu and slash grocery bills. Get 15% off with the CODE: SKINNY