A quick and light sweet breakfast everyone will love!
Summer is a great time to indulge your sweet tooth, because you can satisfy it with seasonal fruits. This breakfast fruit bagel does just that. It’s a clean and healthy way to get your morning sugar fix. The fresh berries, kiwi, and oranges are full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, so you get nutritional benefits along with natural sweetness. We’ve also used whole-wheat bagels for this recipe to provide you with an extra fiber boost. A fiber-rich breakfast will keep you full until lunch and curb further sugar cravings. The fruit, cream cheese, and honey make this such a tasty dish that you’ll quickly forget it’s healthy!
Breakfast Fruit Bagel
- 8 ounces cream cheese fat-free, softened
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone cheese or ricotta, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4 whole-wheat bagels cut in half
- 1/4 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 whole kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 10 red seedless grapes cut in half
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges can, no sugar added
- In a mixing bowl whip together the cream cheese, mascarpone, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and honey. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese on each bagel half. Top the cream cheese on each bagel with the remaining fruit ingredients dividing evenly among each.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms