We’ve arrived in the season of the butternut squash! Everyone loves its uniquely nutty, sweet, rich flavor. It’s perfect to use in soups, casseroles, bread, or roasted with spices. Today we’re sharing our Butternut Squash and Cranberry Quinoa Salad. The butternut squash is tossed in extra-virgin olive oil, then mixed with quinoa and cranberry.
It sounds simple, but this salad is chocked-full of vitamins and minerals. The superfood quinoa contributes heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, omega-3 fatty acid, manganese, Vitamin E, and many other nutrients. The butternut squash adds fiber, Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, and potassium. This powerful combo makes for an incredibly nutrient-rich dish.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 327 | Total Fat: 20 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Sodium: 11 mg | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Carbohydrates: 33 g | Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints: 11
- 3 cups butternut squash, diced small
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts pieces
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pour 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil into a medium saucepan. Sauté the squash over medium-low heat until cooked through and tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked squash, quinoa, cranberries, walnuts, basil, salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
More Delicious Butternut Squash Recipes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.