Feast on Fall flavors.
We’ve arrived in the season of the butternut squash! Everyone loves its uniquely nutty, sweet, rich flavor. It’s perfect to use in soups, casseroles, bread, or roasted with spices. Today we’re sharing our Butternut Squash and Cranberry Quinoa Salad. The butternut squash is tossed in extra-virgin olive oil, then mixed with quinoa and cranberry.
It sounds simple, but this salad is chocked-full of vitamins and minerals. The superfood quinoa contributes heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, omega-3 fatty acid, manganese, Vitamin E, and many other nutrients. The butternut squash adds fiber, Vitamin C, manganese, magnesium, and potassium. This powerful combo makes for an incredibly nutrient-rich dish.
Butternut Squash and Cranberry Quinoa Salad
- 3 cups butternut squash diced small
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup walnuts pieces
- 1 tablespoon basil freshly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Pour 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil into a medium saucepan. Sauté the squash over medium-low heat until cooked through and tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked squash, quinoa, cranberries, walnuts, basil, salt, pepper, and the remaining 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Delicious Butternut Squash Recipes:
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.