A nutritious, low-calorie soup that'll certainly hit the spot!
You don’t need your Instant Pot for this fast, easy soup. Our immune-boosting Cabbage Garlic Veggie Soup is super healthy, and it’s ready to eat in just 25 minutes.
Trying to shed a few pounds? You might want to add this easy meal to your diet regimen. This hearty, delectable soup will fill you up for hours on end without breaking the calorie bank. A bowl of our belly-warming soup clocks in at a mere 74 calories a serving!
A Delicious and Nutrient-Packed Waistline-Friendly Soup
How can something so satisfying boast such a light nutritional profile? Well, we blame the veggies. Celery, carrots, and cabbage — three key ingredients in this recipe — carry super high water content. In fact, they all contain about 90% of their weight in water. This takes up room in your stomach and makes you feel more satiated without adding any calories!
We can’t go on without spotlighting the star of the show: cabbage. One of the most nutrient-dense vegetables out there, this superfood contains a great deal of vitamins, minerals, and micro-nutrients. Cabbage keeps inflammation in check thanks to powerful antioxidants that also fight disease.
Meanwhile, your gut will thank you after consuming this leafy veggie. Packed with insoluble fiber, cabbage promotes amazing digestion by adding good bacteria for the gut and keeping the process flowing smoothly.
Craving more reasons to feast on this cruciferous veggie? Check out these Reasons to be Crazy for Cabbage!
How To Make Cabbage Garlic Veggie Soup
This recipe is a snap to whip up, and it involves very little prep. Simply sauté onions, carrots, and celery in olive oil for about five minutes. Next, add the rest of the ingredients, except the cabbage, zucchini, and squash. Simmer this mouthwatering mixture for 15 minutes, adding the remaining veggies afterward. Cook for another ten minutes, and voila: Soup’s on!
How to Serve Cabbage Garlic Veggie Soup
Cabbage Garlic Veggie Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 3 carrots chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes canned
- 2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into half moons
- 1 yellow squash cut into half moons
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic, tomatoes, green beans, broth, italian seasoning, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add cabbage, zucchini and squash, cover and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Want more recipes like this sent directly to your inbox? First, subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Then, follow us on Instagram and Pinterest to get fantastic healthy recipes and receive exercise tips, meal plans, and so much more!