Tasty little low-carb morsels that are full of cheesy goodness!
Craving savory, cheesy, crusty goodness? These cheesy stuffed mushrooms will surely hit the spot! The perfect appetizer for any gathering or meal, our stuffed mushroom recipe is quick to make and super delicious. Give them a try at your next get-together or even a romantic date night with your special someone!
A Perfect and Classy Appetizer
These little cheesy hors d’oeuvres are great for gatherings as they are quick to make and easy to eat. Not only that, but they are pleasing to the eye and the tastebuds! So, try out this recipe to bypass the fried finger food and go for our luxurious and healthy mushroom bites to upgrade the class and nutrients. Treat yourself and your guests to these tasty little nibbles that look as fancy as they taste.
The Mushroom Powerhouse
Remove the guilt from having appetizers with this mushroom treat! Mushrooms are a fantastic source of vitamin D because they act like a sponge in the sun by soaking up its rays to give you a boost! That makes mushrooms an awesome ingredient to include in the winter when you aren’t getting as much sunshine. Not only that, but mushrooms are a low-calorie source of protein, fiber, and antioxidants! Great for immune function, heart health, and cancer prevention. They also contain selenium, a mineral that supports healthy brain function. So give our cheesy stuffed mushrooms a try today to receive all of these health benefits!
Our Crispy Topping
The recipe includes a delectable and homemade topping that is unique from the rest! We use Panko crumbs for a light crunch as well as parmesan for a deep and rich flavor. Adding Parmesan helps keep the crispy topping together and adds more cheesy goodness! We also use a pleasant savory herb blend of rosemary, parsley, basil, and even dill. The red chili adds a hot and spicy kick, while the lemon juice breaks the rich flavors with light acidity. Together our blend gives you a harmony of flavors that is unique and delightful. Topped with balsamic vinegar, these mushroom bites are sure to please! (bonus: balsamic vinegar is packed with antioxidants and probiotics!)
How to Make the Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
Our crispy and cheesy mushroom bites are stress-free and ready in just 10 minutes! They’re perfect for parties as they are easy to eat and you can quickly make more! All you have to do is follow these simple instructions:
Line a baking tray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spread your mushrooms evenly on the lined tray, making sure they are all top side down. Then, place a cheese cube in the middle of each mushroom cap. In a medium bowl, combine the crispy topping ingredients and spoon on top of the cheese on each mushroom. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is browned. Once finished, remove them from the oven and drizzle with olive oil. Make sure to serve immediately for the best flavor and texture.
Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese diced in 1" cubes
- 12 brown mushrooms stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 red chili pepper small, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon zested
- Line a baking tray and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread your mushrooms evenly on the lined tray, making sure they are all top-side down.
- Place cheese cube in the middle of each mushroom cap
- In a medium bowl, combine the crispy topping ingredients and spoon on top of the cheese on each mushroom
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust is browned
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with olive oil before serving
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you make these cheesy stuffed mushrooms, be sure to share your thoughts with us in the comment section!
Need more appetizers? Try any of these tasty recipes:
- Sausage Stuffed Dates with Bacon
- Skinny Cheesy Chicken Sweet Potato Skins
- Parmesan Eggplant and Spinach Dip | Healthy Dip Recipe