SkinnyMs. loves superfoods! There’s just no better way to nourish your body than with nutrient dense deliciousness. Here, we bring you a superfood stew that is sure to please. It’s similar to minestrone, except it has chicken and wild rice in it. Enjoy!
Yield: Approximately 4 quarts (16 cups) | 1 Serving Size = 1/2 cup | Calories: 88 | Total Fat: 2 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 17 mg | Sodium: 110 mg | Carbohydrates: 8 gm | Dietary fiber: 2 gm | Sugars: 1 gm | Protein: 10 gm | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 1 |
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped white/yellow onion
- 1/2 cup dry wild rice
- 4 cups fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 1/2 pound sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1/2 pound broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cubes vegetable bouillon, no added salt
- 4 chicken breast fillets, add raw chicken cut into 2" chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1(28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- Add ingredients to the slow cooker in the same order as above. For example, place carrots on the bottom, followed by rice, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli, garlic, vegetable bouillon, chicken, tomatoes and lastly beans. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Click here for the Top 10 Slow Cooker Recipes on SkinnyMs.