Your family and friends will thank you!
If you’re craving decadent chocolate truffles, you only need five ingredients. These truffles don’t have any extra sugar, and you can make them almost effortlessly. Trust us, they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! You can also add different extracts such as orange or peppermint if you want some variety. This recipe uses coconut milk, coconut oil, and dark chocolate, so they have a ton of nutritional benefits as well. Everyone will love this healthy dessert alternative!
These bite-sized truffles pair perfectly with gatherings and parties, but you can also give them as holiday gifts. But since they’re so easy to eat, make sure you prepare enough to go around! Your family and friends will thank you!
- 8 ounces dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Melt together chocolate, oil, and coconut milk over a double boiler, stirring frequently. Once melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish and refrigerate just until chocolate can be rolled into a ball, about 2 hours.
- Once pliable, scoop into 1 inch balls. Roll in cocoa powder. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- OPTIONS: Make this recipe diverse by substituting different extracts for the vanilla. Almond, peppermint, and orange extract are all great options! Truffles can also be rolled in toasted coconut or chopped nuts. To coat truffles in chocolate, freeze truffle balls for 15 minutes and dip into melted chocolate, and place onto parchment paper. For a fun surprise, form the truffle ball around berries or nuts!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What are your favorite bite-sized holiday recipes? Let us know in the comments section!