With their beauty and impressive presentation, bundt cakes capture an entire room’s attention. These circular cakes boast deeply ridged, curvy edges. They’re almost too pretty to eat! Rest assured, you’ll want to dig your fork into a slice of this decadent chocolate bundt cake, especially considering how clean it is!
Conventional bundt cakes are heavy on fat and sugar, and light on nutrients. Here at SkinnyMs., we’ve put our heads together to create a healthier, wholesome version of the delicious dessert. This Clean Eating Chocolate Bundt Cake doesn’t use vegetable oil, or refined sugars. Instead, it calls for clean ingredients like coconut sugar and Greek yogurt, which lend moist texture to each scrumptious slice.
Yields: 16 servings | Calories: 310 | Total Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 121mg | Carbohdydrates: 37g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 23g | Protein: 4g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 16
- 2 cups flour (we used white whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beat with a fork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup coconut oil, optional butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup canned (lite) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10 to 12 cup bundt cake pan.
- Whisk together dry ingredients and set aside. Add wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix with a beater until well combined. Add dry ingredients to wet and stir just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Shake pan to evenly distribute batter. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto cooling rack.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stiring constantly until chocolate has melted and all ingredients are incorporated. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place cake on plate or cake stand and slowly pour sauce over top of the cake.
Hungry for more deliciously clean desserts? We’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment about this article or anything else on the site in the section below.