A bowl of creamy goodness starring one of nature's beloved superfoods
Forget Campbell’s, this delicious Cremini Mushroom Soup recipe is in a league of its own. Made with just the right amount of seasonings for mouth-watering flavor, this savory soup recipe stars one of nature’s superfoods…mushrooms! Check out what mushrooms can do for your health here.
At just 71 calories per cup, having a second bowl of Cremini Mushroom Soup is not a problem.
Cremini Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms diced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- parmesan grated, for garnish
- Using a medium soup pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent, about 6 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, and add the mushrooms, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook at a gentle boil until the mushrooms are wilted, approximately 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Alternately, if you prefer a smoother soup you can puree the soup. To puree, use an immersion/ hand blender placed in the pot or fill a blender halfway each time, holding down the lid with a kitchen towel, and pureeing the soup until smooth, starting on low and increasing to high. A touch of milk (dairy or alternatives) can be blended into the pureed soup for a creamer consistency.
- Serve topped with a small amount of Parmesan cheese and additional parsley for garnish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms