Forget Campbell’s, this delicious Cremini Mushroom Soup recipe is in a league of its own. Made with just the right amount of seasonings for mouth-watering flavor, this savory soup recipe stars one of nature’s superfoods…mushrooms! Check out what mushrooms can do for your health here.
At just 71 calories per cup, having a second bowl of Cremini Mushroom Soup is not a problem.
Yield: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 71 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 0 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 86 mg | Carbohydrates: 8 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 4 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 11/2 pounds cremini mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Grated Parmesan for garnish
- Using a medium soup pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent, about 6 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, and add the mushrooms, parsley and salt and pepper. Cook at a gentle boil until the mushrooms are wilted, approximately 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Alternately, if you prefer a smoother soup you can puree the soup. To puree, use an immersion/ hand blender placed in the pot or fill a blender halfway each time, holding down the lid with a kitchen towel, and pureeing the soup until smooth, starting on low and increasing to high. A touch of milk (dairy or alternatives) can be blended into the pureed soup for a creamer consistancy.
- Serve topped with a small amount of Parmesan cheese and additional parsley for garnish.