A bowl of creamy goodness starring one of nature's beloved superfoods
Forget Campbell’s; this delicious Cremini Mushroom Soup recipe is in a league of its own. Made with just the right amount of seasonings for mouth-watering flavor, this savory soup recipe stars one of nature’s superfoods…mushrooms! Check out what mushrooms can do for your health here.
The Best Cremini Mushroom Soup Recipe
Cremini Mushroom Soup has only 71 calories per cup, so having a second bowl is guilt-free.
Cremini Mushroom Soup
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms diced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley fresh, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- parmesan grated, for garnish
- Using a medium soup pot, saute onion and garlic in the olive oil until translucent, about 6 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, and add the mushrooms, parsley, and salt and pepper. Cook at a gentle boil until the mushrooms are wilted, approximately 10 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Alternately, if you prefer a smoother soup you can puree the soup. To puree, use an immersion/ hand blender placed in the pot or fill a blender halfway each time, holding down the lid with a kitchen towel, and pureeing the soup until smooth, starting on low and increasing to high. A touch of milk (dairy or alternatives) can be blended into the pureed soup for a creamer consistency.
- Serve topped with a small amount of Parmesan cheese and additional parsley for garnish.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
This delicious cremini mushroom soup will have you swearing off the canned stuff for good! It’s creamy, delicious, and flavorful and only takes a few minutes to make. This low-calorie soup is packed with mushrooms, a superfood that can help you lose weight, regulate your blood pressure, and keep you looking young.
If you’re looking for more tasty and healthy mushroom recipes, check out some of these:
- Skillet Chicken & Quinoa Supper
- Cheesy Fresh Sweet Corn
- Easy Zucchini Casserole
- Tomato Salad with Fresh Herbs
- Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms
Have you tried this cremini mushroom soup? What’s your favorite healthy soup recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. You can also follow us on our Facebook page or Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.