A satisfying supper teeming with superfoods
There’s nothing worse than feasting on a delicious home-cooked meal and then being met in the kitchen with the overwhelming pile of dishes that usually accompanies it. If dishwater hands have gotten you down, you’re going to love our Skillet Chicken and Quinoa Supper recipe. Made using just a single skillet, this flavorful recipe features chicken in a bed of quinoa and tomatoes, two of nature’s superfoods! This clean eating dish will not only satisfy, but will leave you with ample time to enjoy after dinner conversation.
You might also like our:
Skillet Chicken & Quinoa Supper
- 6 chicken drumsticks skin removed, optional breast fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion small, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes canned, or recipe for Homemade Diced Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons capers drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 cup chicken broth fat free, low sodium
- 1 cup quinoa dry, pre-rinse
- In a large non-stick skillet, add oil, turn to medium-high heat, add chicken and brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. Add onion to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low, sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Return chicken to skillet and add the remaining ingredients. Cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through and quinoa is tender and absorbed most of the liquid, about 15 minutes.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms