Love crispy, crunchy french fries, but hate excess fat and calories? There’s a healthy way to make your own fries at home, and that’s in your oven! Plus, there’s no need to lose that crisp, golden quality when you follow our recipe for Crispy Oven Fries.
The secret to giving homemade fries that crunch, whether they’re steak fries, garlic fries, or skinny fries, is to dip them in egg whites before baking. You heard it right. The secret fat-free ingredient for crunchy, delicious fries is probably already in your fridge.
Limp, soggy fries are a thing of the past. And you can amp up the flavor of your oven fries with our recommended healthier fry sauces: Skinny Ms Barbecue Sauce, Skinny Ms Ketchup, or this Aioli recipe.
Crispy Oven Fries
- 4 baking potatoes medium, scrubbed or 2 large
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Coat a nonstick baking sheet with canola or olive oil cooking spray.
- Whisk the egg white in a small bowl until frothy and foamy.
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick fries and dip into the egg white. Arrange in a single layer, so that the potatoes are not touching. Sprinkle with half of the salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Flip, and sprinkle with the remaining salt, pepper, and Parmesan, and bake for 10 to 12 minutes more, until golden and crisp.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from SkinnyMs.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.