Cool and refreshing, this Cucumber, Tomato, and Avocado Salad packs a trio of the best ingredients your garden (or produce aisle) has to offer. Fat melting superfoods, crunchy cucumber and juicy tomato burst with low-cal flavor. Meanwhile, avocado rounds out this dish with its rich and creamy texture. And not only does avocado add to the flavor combo, but it also packs tons of nutrients. Loaded with vitamins, this little green fruit is also the best source of heart healthy fat around. Avocado packs a powerful punch in any salad by adding fiber and potassium. Simply sprinkle with cilantro and lemon juice, and you’ll have a salad bursting with refreshing flavor. Since it’s a perfect side dish or light meal, you’ll want to make this avocado salad again and again.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 395 | Total Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 259mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 14
- 1 large cucumber, (peeled or unpeeled) diced large
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced large
- 3 avocados, peeled and pit removed, diced large
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and toss well to combine and coat the vegetables in the oil and seasoning. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Toss again before serving. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, check out five more Slimming Cucumber Salads!