Searching for the perfect summer side salad? The kind that stands out in a sea of wilted greens and mushy cold pastas? The salad your friends and family will want the recipe for, and the one you’ll bring to every cookout you attend this season? Look no further than our Cucumber with Feta and Herb Salad. Its fantastic crunch and tangy, zesty flavor will make it an instant hit no matter where you serve it.
Plus, our cucumber salad is clean eating and low in fat and calories. Cucumbers are high in fiber and rich in antioxidants, while feta provides protein. And our dressing is so light, this salad is 100% guilt-free.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 162 | Total Fat: 15 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 17 mg | Sodium: 188 mg | Carbohydrates: 5 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 6
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh dill sprigs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, low-fat
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss the dressing with the cucumber slices, red onion, feta, and dill sprigs. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Let us know what you think about this dish by leaving us a comment below.