Go all natural with your shaving regimen!
Shaving is a routine part of many of our lives. Instead of repeatedly using creams with excessive chemicals, we’ve created a simple DIY shaving cream with natural ingredients. Mix, slather, and shave away to reveal beautiful, smooth skin.
Key Ingredients and Why They Work:
Coconut Oil – Coconut oil is a wonderful natural moisturizer for the skin. It contains vitamin E which is essential in the growth and repair of skin. It also works to keep skin smooth and prevents premature wrinkling.
Shea Butter – 100% African Shea Butter contains a fatty acid which helps rejuvenate and moisturize skin. It protects skin from sun and wind, helps heal wounds more quickly, and repairs damaged and dry skin.
Olive Oil – Olive oil moisturizes, cleanses, and protects the skin. Most importantly, it penetrates the skin to work on different skin layers.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil – Eucalyptus has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which will help heal any scrapes you may have. It also has aromatic properties to help soothe and relax.
What to Do:
1. In addition to the ingredients above, you’ll need baking soda.
2. Place a saucepan of water on the stove top on a medium fire.
3. In a glass bowl, mix 2/3 cup of shea butter, 2/3 cup of coconut oil, and 1/4 cup of olive oil.
4. As the water begins to boil, place the bowl in the pan and whisk the all ingredients until they turn into a white color.
5. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and add 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 10-20 drops of eucalyptus oil or any essential oil of your choice.
6. Whisk the ingredients together again and place the bowl in the fridge.
7. Once the mixture is hardened, remove it from the fridge and, use a blender to whip until it is light and fluffy.
8. Place the mixture in a sealed jar and keep in a cool dry place. Apply as needed when shaving.
Sources: Livestrong, EverydayRoots