As warm weather gets closer and closer, our hair begins to react in ways we don’t like. Frizzy hair is a natural response to humidity when hair isn’t moisturized properly. During those hot summer days, having a deep conditioner in your hair will carry you for a few days.
This DIY frizzy hair mask is a perfect way to fight off dry, frizzy, and untamed hair. With 4 simple ingredients, fight off the sun and give your hair a beautiful shine all summer long.
Key Ingredients and Why They Work:
Eggs – Eggs are a natural conditioner and will moisturize dry hair leaving it silky. Being rich in vitamins and minerals also allows eggs to strengthen your roots, which will help promote stronger hair.
Mayonnaise – Mayonnaise combines oils, eggs, vinegar, and vitamins to help repair hair and restore your hair to its natural pH level. These ingredients applied as a mask also help moisturize cells aiding in hair hydration.
Honey – Honey aids naturally conditioning and moisturizing hair. It also helps promote a natural shine in hair.
Olive Oil – Olive oil brings a new shine and softness to your hair. Vitamins A and E and antioxidants allow olive oil to protect the protein in hair by sealing moisture.
What to Do:
1. In a bowl, whisk 1 egg until it is frothy.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey into the egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Dip your hands in the mix and massage the mixture, starting at your roots and applying to the rest of your hair.
4. Place a shower cap over your head and hair and let everything settle for 15-20 minutes.
5. Jump in the shower and rinse the mix out thoroughly.
6. Once the mask is gone, use your shampoo to wash your hair and remove the scent of the mask.
7. You can apply this mask once a week for amazing results.