The great thing about takeout is that it’s quick and easy. The bad thing about takeout, however, is that store-bought meals and restaurant dishes are often loaded with hidden sugar, sodium, and calories. However, you can cook meals that taste just like your favorite restaurant’s meals, only with healthier ingredients. You can also make them quickly and easily. This easy beef stir-fry is nutritious, delicious, and a cinch to prepare. It uses real, whole ingredients to give you a tasty nutritional boost! You can binge on this dish guilt-free. Whip it up when you get home from a long day, and you’ll feel satisfied and energized.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 396 | Total Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 743mg | Carbohydrates: 30g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Protein: 26g | SmartPoints: 13
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound lean sirloin steak, sliced into thin strip
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into thin stips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into this strips
- 1 cup shiitaki mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup no-sugar added BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil on high. Heat until very hot and almost smoking. Carefully add the beef, salt, and pepper. Cooking, stirring continuously until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside and keep warm.
- Drain off excess liquid and add remaining sesame oil. Heat on high until very hot and almost smoking. Add remaining ingredients and stir continuously until vegetables are soft. Add the cooked beef and continue cooking until hot. Stir in sauce.
- In a small sauce pot add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer for 1 minute and stir into cooked stir-fry. Serve with brown rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
Stir-fry is the ultimate easy meal. Check out these 12 Tasty Stir-Fry Recipes Under 300 Calories!