Here at SkinnyMs., we love baking things into vegetables (see our Baked Egg Mushroom recipe for proof). They’re easy to prepare and remove lots of empty calories by replacing bread or chips with a hearty veggie. Our Egg & Spinach Bell Pepper Bowls are no exception. Better yet, they feature deliciously crumbly feta cheese!
These egg bowls are beyond simple to make. You’ll come back to them again and again, either for a simple weekday breakfast for part of an elaborate weekend brunch. You can even enjoy them as breakfast for dinner. Dig in and enjoy!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 143 | Total Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 203mg | Sodium: 493mg | Carbohydrates: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 10g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 2 large eggs, (recommend free-range)
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red bell pepper, sliced in half and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Break eggs and add to a blender along with salt and pepper. Pulse until combined and fluffy.
- Add baby spinach, 2 tablespoons feta, and stir to combine. Pour into pepper halves. Sprinkle on remaining cheese and a little more black pepper.
- Place filled peppers next to each other, on a small casserole dish, so they are snug and won’t spill. Bake until eggs puff and are set, 15-20 minutes
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.