Sweeten your salad with beets!
Steps to an exciting salad: 1. switch up your greens, 2. add in some roasted roots! This endive salad dish pairs the bitterness of endive with the sweetness of roasted beets. In addition to flavor, beets add heartiness and nutritional value to this salad with their anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and detoxifying properties.
Once you’ve enjoyed our salad with beets and pistachios, keep the excitement going with our Creamy Fennel Salad with Orange Wedges and Fresh Mint. Visit our Entrees section to find a perfect accompaniment.
Endive Salad with Roasted Beets and Pistachios
- 2 beets roasted, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 cups endive
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
- black pepper freshly ground
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cutaway and discard stalks. Wash beets and pat dry. Brush beets with olive oil and wrap individually in foil, place on a cookie sheet and bake approximately 1 hour, or until tender. Allow beets to cool at room temperature then peel the thin outer skin and cut into 1/4" slices. Store beets in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Place endive in a salad bowl, top with beets, pistachios, and goat cheese crumbles.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms