A unique, delicious scampi to satisfy all your pasta cravings.
If you thought scampi dishes were reserved for shrimp only, think again! This indulgent gluten-free chicken scampi puts a tasty twist on a classic seafood dish. Tender, juicy chicken makes a super savory alternative, and simplifies the traditional recipe even more. This protein-packed dish also incorporates a whole bunch of feel-good ingredients that are guaranteed to impress. And not to mention, we’ve made this version entirely gluten-free without skimping on taste!
Gorgeous Ingredients to Feel Good About
Our dish features gluten-free pasta tossed in a decadent garlic and butter sauce, alongside delectable bite-sized chicken pieces. The lemon juice adds a hint of brightness, complementing the bold garlic and rich butter beautifully.
Colorful bell peppers sautéed to soft, juicy perfection create mouthwatering dimension that makes this pasta dish truly unique. And for an added layer of excitement, crushed red pepper lends a fiery kick that balances the olive oil and shallots deliciously. Finally, chopped parsley and grated Parmesan make a gorgeous garnish for this gluten-free masterpiece!
Full-Flavored and Waistline-Friendly!
This filling Italian dish offers a perfect balance of nutrients, leaving you feeling completely satisfied after this well-rounded meal. With 20 grams of protein and just 7 grams of fat, our gluten-free chicken scampi will fill you up without weighing you down! And as a bonus, it’s quick and easy to whip up. With just 15 minutes of prep time and 20 minutes to cook, you’ll have this fragrant meal on the dinner table in no time! We’re confident the entire family will gobble up this tasty recipe!
Complete with a Yummy Side Dish
Pair this lovely pasta with a vibrant salad or some delicious roasted vegetables. Our Easy Roasted Beet and Pecan Salad makes a dazzling companion to your gluten-free chicken scampi. Meanwhile, this Dijon Roasted Garlic Asparagus, or Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms make wonderful side options as well.
Gluten-Free Chicken Scampi
- 12 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- fresh parsley chopped, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese grated, for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and add the tenderloins to the pan. Cook, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides,about 6 minutes. The chicken will not be cooked through. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- In the same pan, add the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and green bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter, garlic, and shallots to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken tenderloins to the pan along with the crushed red pepper, chicken stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is lightly thickened, about 5minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Ladle the pasta into individual bowls and top with freshly chopped parsley and grated Parmesan (if using).
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you enjoyed this recipe, and would like to check out more of our nutritious dishes, be sure to follow us on Pinterest!