A sweet breakfast treat guaranteed to satisfy!
Oh, pancakes. This good old-fashioned breakfast favorite will never go out of style. After all, you can whip them up in a snap, and customize the delicious rounds however you so please. Here at Skinny Ms., we’re big fans of this timeless classic. That said, we’ve brought you this incredible old fashioned pancakes recipe, straight from grandma’s kitchen.
A Classic Breakfast Favorite
Nothing beats the fragrant aroma of pancakes sizzling on the griddle. In the past, my family would visit my grandma’s house to spend lazy Sunday mornings together, lounging around and relishing her unrivaled cooking. Of course, I looked forward to the pancakes the most. Nothing compared to these golden brown, mouthwatering delights – complete with a fluffy interior and crispy, buttery edges.
Simple Ingredients Form these Mouthwatering Cakes
Our grandma-inspired, old fashioned pancakes will give you a reason to jump out of bed in the morning. Meanwhile, this recipe is virtually effortless, and takes only a few minutes to throw together.
Our yummy pancakes call for just a few simple ingredients, all of which you can feel good about! Conventional boxed pancake mixes contain white flour and refined sugar, but our recipe calls for cleaned-up ingredients that add nutrients in place of empty carbs. Whole wheat flour lends complex carbohydrates, which contain certain healthy vitamins and fiber to fill you up. Meanwhile, coconut sugar serves as an unprocessed alternative to table sugar.
Crispy Pancakes Ready in Minutes!
These savory, mouthwatering cakes are a snap to cook up. Simply combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in one bowl, and milk, eggs, and butter in another. Afterwards, combine dry and wet ingredients, and pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto a hot skillet. Allow the pancake mix to cook until both sides are golden brown, and voila! These flavorful babies are ready to be devoured within minutes!
Serve with Your Favorite Finishing Touches
Once ready, complete your old fashioned pancakes with some added deliciousness. Warm berries, sliced banana, pure maple syrup, or even honey make wonderful options. We hope you enjoy!
Grandma's Classic Old Fashioned Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whole butter melted
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- In a second bowl, combine the milk, egg, and butter. Sift the flour mixture into the milk mixture. Stir just until combine, a few lumps are ok!
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat. Lightly spray with non stick spray. Once the skillet is very hot, pour about 1/3 cup of batter on to the skillet. Wait for bubbles to form and pop before flipping the pancake. Cook until second side is golden brown. Repeate with remaining batter and spraying the skillet with nonstick spray as needed. Serve hot with your favorite pancake toppings.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more savory pancake recipes, try out these to-die-for breakfasts: