Salmon is one of everyone’s favorite pieces of seafood to prepare, and we have yet another delicious recipe for you to try! This salmon is cooked on a griddle until both sides obtain a flavorful crispiness and the fish is cooked through over high heat. Eggs and asparagus are often partnered in dishes and for good reason. We grated the hard-boiled egg atop the salmon along with the grilled asparagus. Drizzling the balsamic vinegar dressing on top adds a dash of tangy flavor!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 4 ounces fish with toppings (1/4 of the recipe) | Calories: 246 | Total Fat: 14 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 107 mg | Sodium: 274 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 28 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 1 egg
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1 pound salmon fillet (with skin on)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Over medium-high heat, in a pot with boiling water, cook the egg for about 7 minutes. When it's cooked and has cooled down, peel and set aside.
- Over medium- high heat, on a dry griddle, grill the asparagus until they are cooked through. When they have cooled down, chop and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix half of the salt, the balsamic vinegar and the extra virgin olive oil.
- drizzle them with the extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with half the salt. Set aside.
- In the same hot griddle, cook the salmon with the skin side down. When you see that the fish is cooking halfway up (you can see the color of the meat changing from the bottom towards up), turn it over and cook the other side. Sprinkle the remaining salt. To serve, lay the fish on the serving plate, distribute the asparagus on top then pour the balsamic vinegar dressing. Grate the hard-boiled egg on top.
More healthy fish recipes to choose from:
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.