If you want an impressive appetizer that’s sure to please a crowd, look no further! This recipe comes from Helen Compton of Louisville, Kentucky, an amazing cook who generously shared her family recipe for Deviled Eggs. This dinner party favorite is beyond easy to whip up and contains nothing but clean and wholesome ingredients you can feel good about.
Hard-boiled eggs are peeled, halved, and stuffed with a mixture of nutritious foods like egg yolks, clean mayo, and apple cider vinegar. Helen’s version calls for diced pickles and a splash of sweet pickle juice, ingredients that add a touch of tang and lend deliciously distinct flavor. This scrumptious snack caters to a wide variety of tastes while packing a protein punch that’s certain to hold you over until dinner.
Besides looking utterly irresistible, these bite-sized delights are insanely easy to prepare. Treat your guests to an appetizer their taste buds will remember!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 2 deviled egg halves | Calories: 149 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 225mg | Carbohydrates: 3g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 6g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup clean mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup diced sweet pickles
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Add eggs to a pot and fill with enough water to almost cover them. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly to a medium-boil and cook 8 minutes.
- Drain eggs and cover with ice cold water until eggs are cool, about 6 minutes. Remove shell and discard. Carefully remove yolks and add to a mixing bowl. Mash yolks with a fork and combine with remaining ingredients, except paprika. Make sure yolk mixture is creamy.
- Evenly add yolk mixture to egg white halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
We’d love to hear from you! Please leave a comment about this recipe or anything else you’d like to see on our site in the section below.