Are you always on the look for healthy salmon recipes? If so, you’ll love this one! This quick Mediterranean dish is perfect on those nights when you’re too busy for a complicated meal, but still want a healthy and delicious dinner. If you’ve never tried bulgur, which is simply cracked wheat, you’ll love its hearty texture and flavor. It makes a healthy pilaf that’s a satisfying and healthy change from white rice. And you’ll love the fact that it cooks much more quickly than similar grains. Simply boil some water, add the bulgur, and steep! Our broccoli pilaf recipe pairs beautifully with the salmon. The end result is a meal that is elegant, yet simple and delicious!
You might also like:
Delicious Blackened Sockeye Salmon Recipe
Miso Orange Glazed Salmon With Wilted Kale
Honey-Dijon Glazed Salmon with a Hint of Lemon
Wild Salmon Vegetable Salad with Lemon Miso Dressing
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 salmon filet and 1/2 cup bulgur| Calories: 308| Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 69 mg | Sodium: 327 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 29 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 6-ounce salmon filets
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup medium grind bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- Goat cheese and chopped sun-dried tomatoes, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir until combined and coat the salmon filets. Lay them on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast until cooked through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add a pinch of salt followed by the broccoli and bulgur. Cover, turn off heat and allow to sit until liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, top the bulgur with the salmon filets and garnish with sun-dried tomatoes and goat cheese.