Salmon is one of the healthiest proteins you can eat. It’s full of essential fatty acids that protect your heart, and it’s filling and easy to prepare. This salmon recipe uses a sweet and sour orange glaze that goes on before the fish is grilled. Served with lightly wilted kale, this makes a healthy and filling meal that is impressive and satisfying. This salmon and kale dish is quick cooking and delicious. If you can’t find it, baby spinach or any other green works well too. The miso paste and mirin can be found in the same aisle that you find soy sauce in your grocery store. One bite of this healthy glazed salmon recipe, and you’ll be hooked!
Did you know that both salmon and kale are SUPERFOODS?
You might also like these other salmon recipes from SkinnyMs.:
Wild Salmon Vegetable Salad with Lemon Miso Dressing
Honey-Dijon Glazed Salmon with a Hint of Lemon
Blackened Sockeye Salmon
Orange Glazed Salmon With Wilted Kale
- 16 ounces salmon fillets (4 fillets)
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lite soy sauce for gluten-free we use Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar optional honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 16 ounces bunch baby kale or baby spinach (1 bunch)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the miso paste, orange juice and zest, mirin, soy sauce, and brown sugar. Brush over the salmon filets. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Spray lightly with cooking oil. Lay the salmon fillets on the hot grill, basting with any leftover glaze. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side, flipping only once. Allow fish to rest on a platter while you make the greens.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the greens and stir, trying to add them all at once; otherwise, add them as fast as you can. Season with salt and pepper and stir until they are wilted, being careful not to overcook.
- Serve the grilled fish on top of the greens.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily enewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.