These delectable Honey-Glazed Chicken Skewers will be a crowd favorite at your next potluck or dinner party! Enjoy tender chicken bites paired with a side of couscous for a perfect dinner. Decorated with Dijon mustard and honey, two nutrient-packed superfoods, the skewers pack tangy sweetness into every bite. You can feel good about serving this dinner to the fam, thanks to chicken’s lean, protein-packed profile. The skewers portion the chicken into appropriate serving sizes to help prevent overindulgence. Everyone will thank you for this easy, tasty meal!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 2 skewers, plus 1/2 cup salad | Calories: 279 | Total Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 73mg | Carbohydrates: 29g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 17g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 16 bamboo or wood skewers or other skewers
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Couscous Recipe
- If using bamboo or wooden skewers, cover in water and soak for an hour to avoid splintering and burning.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken lengthwise into 3/4-inch wide strips. In the bottom of a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, salt, pepper, mustard, and honey. Place the chicken strips in the bowl and toss to coat. Carefully thread the chicken strips onto the skewers and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with couscous if desired.
What’s your favorite skewer snack? Let us know! We’d love to hear what you thought about this article or anything else you’d like to see on SkinnyMs.