Hearty, high protein quinoa makes a flavorful, light meal. This Mediterranean quinoa is made with tasty ingredients including olives, artichokes, and baby spinach, and is then tossed with olive oil and white beans for a quick and satisfying meal. Make it once, and you’ll find yourself turning to this quinoa bowl time and time again for a comforting, healthy meal.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 181 | Total Fat: 8 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 225 mg | Carbohydrates: 23 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the onion and cook until soft. Add the garlic, cook for one more minute and add the spinach.
- When the spinach is just wilted, stir in the quinoa and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring the whole time. Stir in the artichokes, olives, and white beans. When every thing is heated through, season with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice, and stir before serving.