Bite into a healthy quesadilla!
These low-calorie quesadillas with mushrooms make for a great lunch or dinner! Crimini mushrooms support the immune system and fight inflammation in the body, which helps prevent cancer, diabetes, and heart disease. Made with low-fat cheese and whole wheat tortillas, these mushroom and cheese quesadillas are nutritionally well-rounded. Enjoy them with our homemade Tex-Mex Salsa and a side of Rainbow Salad with Honey-Lemon Dressing.
Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint white mushrooms or cremini mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1/2 white onion medium, sliced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup monterey jack reduced-fat, grated or other mild melting cheese
- 6 whole-wheat tortillas
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat with olive oil, add the mushrooms and onions and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat until the water has been released from the mushrooms and evaporated, and the onions are softened and translucent. Add the garlic, stir, and cook for 30 seconds until golden and fragrant.
- In another pan sprayed with cooking spray or coated with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. When the bottom tortilla is golden, and the cheese is melted, fold the tortilla in half with a spatula to form a quesadilla.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms