In this Nacho Potato Casserole recipe, two classic dishes team up to bring you the ultimate comfort meal. This delectable hybrid combines your favorite zesty nacho flavors with the thick, satisfying goodness of a potato casserole.
Russet potatoes make up the bulk of this dish, joined by delicious ground turkey, diced red onion, and cilantro. Clean eating taco seasoning and fire roasted tomatoes crank up the heat in this crowd-pleasing dish. Reduced fat cheddar cheese tops the mixture of ingredients for an ooey gooey finish you and your waistline will enjoy. Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt for some extra creaminess.
Dish up this fiesta tonight. Your guests will go wild over this guaranteed crowd-pleaser!
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 252 | Total Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 290mg | Carbohydrates: 18g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 20g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 pound Russet potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil, salt and pepper. Lay on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping about halfway through.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat and add the turkey. Cook until no longer pink and stir in the seasonings. Add the tomatoes, and cook for 5 minutes, until liquid has evaporated.
- To serve, spread the potatoes on a plate like nachos, and top with the turkey, diced onions, cilantro and cheese.
Love the casserole? Hungry for more SkinnyMs. twists on comfort food classics? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on the site.