Just like a traditional lasagna, but without all the fuss!
No-fuss dinners are the best dinners. This one-pan skillet lasagna is as no-fuss as it gets. It’s made in one pot, and it takes less than 30 minutes to cook. You can enjoy your favorite pasta dish without all the work it usually entails. This lasagna may not look like a traditional lasagna, but it has all the same ingredients and all the same flavors. It’s saucy, cheesy, and meaty. Plus, it’s even healthier than traditional lasagna. We used whole-wheat pasta and lean ground turkey, so you’ll get plenty of protein and fiber. We also used low-fat cheese, to cut down on the calorie count. Enjoy this easy meal guilt free!
One Pan Skillet Lasagna
- 1 pound ground Italian turkey sausage
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons onion grated
- 24 ounces marinara sauce jar, no sugar added
- 3 cups whole-wheat bowtie pasta dry
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese low-fat, grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese part-skim, low-fat, shredded
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese low-fat
- In a large skillet, add the ground turkey, garlic, and onion. Cook, breaking the sausage into small pieces, until sausage is cooked through. Drain off any excess liquid.
- Stir in the marinara, pasta, and water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 15 minute until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened. Stir in the parmesan and mozzarella cheese. Drop the ricotta onto the top of the pasta and cover. Let the cheese melt slightly.
- Serve and enjoy.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Sign up for our newsletter to get new recipes and nutrition tips!