You'll want to make it again and again.
If you appreciate Mediterranean flavors, you’ll love our One Pot Turkey Sausage and Mediterranean Quinoa. We’ve taken nitrate-free turkey sausage and combined it with quinoa, so it’s a healthy, nutrient-rich meal. Tomatoes and spinach add tons of vitamins, while feta cheese adds a Mediterranean flair. And since it uses just one dish, you’ll want to make it again and again.
It’s also easy to customize. For a more decidedly Mediterranean flavor, you can use turkey Italian sausage instead, and add a sprinkling of herbs like oregano or basil. The choices are endless! But whatever you do, don’t skimp on the feta. That briny flavor really gives the dish a nice salty pop!
One Pot Turkey Sausage and Mediterranean Quinoa
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups turkey rope sausage nitrate-free, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion small, cut into strips
- 1 cup chicken broth low-sodium
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes can
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa rinsed in cool water
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles low-fat
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Once hot, add turkey sausage, garlic, and onion. Cook until onion begins to soften. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt, and quinoa. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer and add spinach. Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent quinoa from sticking, until broth is absorbed. Spoon into serving bowls and sprinkle with feta. Enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other Mediterranean dishes you might enjoy:
What are some other Mediterranean dishes you love to make? Share your recipes with us in the comments!