If you need a new way to prepare chicken, this orange cranberry chicken dish is a great start. Easy to prepare and simply loaded with flavor, it’s the perfect comforting meal when you need something different. Tart cranberries provide plenty of antioxidants, and the orange glaze coats the chicken perfectly. If you’re tired of boring chicken dishes, then you’ll love this orange cranberry chicken.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe|Calories: 334| Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 101 mg | Sodium: 325 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 34 g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Chopped green onions, for garnish
- Combine the orange juice, ginger, soy sauce, honey and garlic in a small bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Season the chicken with the pepper. Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the chicken. Sear until well browned.
- Add the orange glaze and the cranberries and continue cooking the chicken, turning once, until the glaze is thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with rice or your favorite vegetable, and top with the green onions.