These satisfying snacks will foster your weight loss goals
Do you love the taste of granola bars but are trying to cut out extra sugars from your diet? If you answered yes, then this Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars recipe is just perfect for you!
When you want to indulge without over doing it, try our Skinny-Mini Desserts. These recipes encourage eating smaller portions while still enjoying your favorite treats. And, 100% of our desserts are clean eats. Check out these 3 skinny mini desserts: Strawberry Cheesecake, Banana Pudding, and Strawberries in Balsamic-Yogurt Sauce.
Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Bars
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper, making sure the parchment paper hangs over the sides.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add honey, coconut oil and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir until mixture gets runny and peanut butter completely melted in. You may have to heat for another 20 seconds or so. Mix in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Add oats and peanuts, mix until everything is combined and the mixture is completely coated with honey and peanut butter mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press down with a back of a spoon; bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until lightly brown.
- Once you take the bars out of the oven, press down with the back of a spoon to ensure the oats are pressed firmly together. Let the oat bars cool slightly and carefully take out bars by grabbing onto the parchment paper and cut into 16 slices. Let bars cool completely and harden at room temperature.
- Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Makes 16 bars.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
This recipe comes courtesy of Jennifer Drummond’s blog Peanut Butter and Peppers. Jennifer’s blog is about everyday healthy living, mainly good for you recipes. After losing 30 pounds through exercise and a proper diet Jennifer learned to take every day food and making it healthier without sacrificing flavor.
For more tasty peanut butter recipes go here!