Fruit and flowers put a unique twist on summer salad.
With so many salad ideas to choose from, let us recommend this fruity blend that is perfect for the warmer months. Wild strawberries and elderberries are combined in a mouth-watering combination and lend a delicate flavor to this summer salad favorite.
For a more intense flavor experience, try opting for wild strawberries, which are smaller than traditional varieties, but big on taste. If wild strawberries aren’t an option, neither the delicate flavor, nor the nutritional value, will change by selecting a traditional strawberry. Enjoy!
Peas & Wild Strawberry Salad with Elderberry Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon elderberry syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup wild strawberries can be replaced with regular strawberries, halved or quartered
- 3 cups lettuce leaves
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese shaved
- Over high heat, boil a small pot of salted water to cook the peas. When it boils, add the peas and cook for two minutes. Transfer them to a bowl of water with ice to blanch. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the elderflower syrup, vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On the serving plate, put the lettuce, peas and strawberries.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan shavings on top.
- Pour the elderflower vinaigrette on the salad right before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Have you heard of our our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!