Grapefuit lends a special tang to this potato salad.
Who doesn’t love potatoes? Because they can be such a staple in our diet, our recipes are often redundant. We came up with a new way of enjoying potatoes that incorporates a slight tartness from grapefruit. This is a healthy salad that you can eat as is or as a side dish.
Purple Potatoes, Grapefruit and Asparagus Salad
- 2 pounds potatoes purple or yellow, peeled and chopped
- 12 asparagus spears
- 1 grapefruit
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons chives minced
- 2 chive blossoms optional
- Prepare a medium bowl with ice and water in it to blanch the asparagus.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, boil the asparagus for 5 minutes then transfer them immediately to the bowl of ice water. Leave them there until they cool down then chop them.
- In the same pot of boiling water, cook the potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Peel and slice three-fourths of the grapefruit to wedges then squeeze the remaining fruit to get the juice.
- In a big bowl, mix the potatoes, asparagus, capers, chives, peppercorns and grapefruit.
- In a small bowl, mix the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, salt and the grapefruit juice. Adjust the taste according to your taste.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you liked this salad, then you will find these other amazing potato recipes good too!
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.