A potato salad that's more salad than not!
In a world of potato lovers, there are countless ways to enjoy these starchy root vegetables. Try this simple dish with capers, balsamic vinegar, and oregano to add a decisive Mediterranean tang. Tomatoes and onions compliment the flavor of the potatoes. Enjoy this potato dish as a salad or as a side dish.
Easy Mediterranean Style Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes peeled
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 red onion medium, half sliced and other half coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoons parsley fresh, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Over high heat, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes or until they are tender when pierced with a fork, then drain.
- Add remaining ingredients to the same pot and toss to combine. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you are like what you see in Skinny Ms., subscribe to our newsletter and never get left behind to what’s new in healthy living.