Can you imagine a chocolatey summer popsicle that’s low in calories and delivers a dose of protein? Our sweet, creamy fudgesicles get their flavor from cocoa, vanilla, and coconut milk, and you won’t taste the black beans that infuse it with lean protein. These treats are truly a healthy summer snack for kids and grown-ups alike.
Smaller Size Yields: 8 servings | Serving: 1 popsicle | Calories: 242 | Total Fat:15 g | Saturated Fat: 10 g | Trans fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 65 mg | Carbohydrates: 28 g | Dietary Fiber: 7 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 6 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
Larger Size Yields: 6 servings | Serving: 1 popsicle | Calories: 323 | Total Fat: 19 g | Saturated Fat: 13 g | Trans fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 53 mg | Carbohydrates: 37 g | Dietary Fiber: 9 g | Sugars: 18 g | Protein: 7 g | SmartPoints: 15
- 6 tablespoons cocoa, unsweetened
- Pinch Kosher or sea salt
- 1 avocado
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons honey (optional agave nectar or maple syrup), I used Raw Wildflower Honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Combine cocoa and salt, set aside. Add to a blender or food processor, cocoa with salt, avocado, coconut milk, beans, honey, and vanilla, pulse until smooth and well combined.
- Pour fudge mixture into popsicle molds. Freeze for several hours or until set. Run hot water over the outside of the mold to loosen. Enjoy!