This quick and easy recipe is a no-brainer!
Searching for a salad as satisfying as it is delicious? Look no further! This wholesome, vegetarian-friendly Quinoa & Chickpea Salad spotlights quinoa and chickpeas, two superfoods that carry a boatload of health benefits. Yummy ingredients like chewy peas, juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh cucumber slices, and a grated carrot accompany the nutrient-rich salad base. This veggie blend is then dressed with a light and tangy vinaigrette – a fabulous finish to a colorful dish.
This Quinoa & Chickpea Salad makes a scrumptious side dish to any meal, but can also stand alone as a super substantial lunch. Quinoa and chickpeas pack in a great source of fiber and protein, essential nutrients that help you feel full for hours while stabilizing blood sugar levels and curbing cravings. This quick and easy recipe is a no-brainer!
Quinoa & Chickpea Salad
- 1 cup quinoa uncooked, pre-rinsed
- 1 cup baby peas fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cucumber large, sliced into half circles
- 1 carrot large, peeled and grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
- 2 tablespoons chives finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil fresh, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium pot, add water and quinoa, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a low-boil, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Allow quinoa to cool.
- Whisk all ingredients for the vinaigrette together in a large bowl. Toss in cool quinoa and all other salad ingredients, toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the salad? Hungry for more recipes from the SkinnyMs. kitchen? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on the site.