Searching for a salad as satisfying as it is delicious? Look no further! This wholesome, vegetarian-friendly Quinoa & Chickpea Salad spotlights quinoa and chickpeas, two superfoods that carry a boatload of health benefits. Yummy ingredients like chewy peas, juicy cherry tomatoes, fresh cucumber slices, and a grated carrot accompany the nutrient-rich salad base. This veggie blend is then dressed with a light and tangy vinaigrette – a fabulous finish to a colorful dish.
This Quinoa & Chickpea Salad makes a scrumptious side dish to any meal, but can also stand alone as a super substantial lunch. Quinoa and chickpeas pack in a great source of fiber and protein, essential nutrients that help you feel full for hours while stabilizing blood sugar levels and curbing cravings. This quick and easy recipe is a no-brainer!
Yields: 8 servings | Calories: 211 | Total Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 269mg | Carbohydrates: 32g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 8g | SmartPoints: 7
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, pre-rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large cucumber, sliced into half circles
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium pot, add water and quinoa, bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a low-boil, cover and cook 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Allow quinoa to cool.
- Whisk all ingredients for vinaigrette together in a large bowl. Toss in cool quinoa and all other salad ingredients, toss to coat. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Love the salad? Hungry for more recipes from the SkinnyMs. kitchen? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below about this article or anything else you’d like to see on the site.