This is a fun change from granola!
Do you love parfaits? You’ve tried layering yogurt and berries with granola, but would you like to try something different? Quinoa crisp is the perfect addition to a yogurt and berry parfait. You can even top frozen yogurt with it for a honeyed crunch! The full protein power found in grain-like quinoa keeps you full and provides a variety of other nutrients for your body.
When tired of granola or cereal, but craving a tasty, crunchy topping that’s also healthful, make this easy to prepare crisp. Quinoa is not just a side dish or a substitute for rice, but can be used in everything from breakfast to dessert.
Looking for other sweet quinoa treats and breakfasts? Try our:
- Quinoa Almond Joy Bars
- Quinoa Chocolate Drops
- Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Quinoa
- Quinoa Protein Bars
- Quinoa Banana Berry Smoothie
Quinoa Crisp and Berry Parfait
- 1 cup Greek yogurt fat-free
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup seasonal berries fresh
- 1/2 cup quinoa crisp
- 1/2 cup red quinoa pre-rinsed; white quinoa can also be used
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Combine yogurt, honey, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add quinoa and water to a small pot, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook quinoa for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add honey and stir. Allow Quinoa to cool while the oven preheats to 325 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spread quinoa evenly. Place cookie sheet on the middle oven rack, stir quinoa after 15 minutes, and continue cooking 10 additional minutes. Remove cookie sheet and allow quinoa crisp to cool to room temperature.
- Layer in parfait dessert dishes with berries, yogurt, and quinoa crisp.
- Enjoy Quinoa Crisp on yogurt, cereal, granola, or eat as a snack.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this Quinoa Crisp and Berry Parfait? Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. Dessert Recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.