Toss, bake, and enjoy!
Before you bust open a bag of chips, check out this tasty recipe to satisfy your salt cravings! Roasted chickpeas make an uber-delicious, high-fiber snack certain to satisfy. The nutritious nibbles are good on their own, but taste amazing after spending some time in the oven.
Chickpeas feature a host of health benefits. They contain a strong dose of energy-boosting heart-healthy vitamins and minerals. They also aid weight loss, thanks to their high-fiber, low-glycemic profile. Flavorful and crunchy, these roasted chickpeas are a cinch to make! Simply toss the beans with olive oil and a few savory spices, bake to golden-brown perfection, and enjoy!
- 30 ounces chickpeas cans, drained, rinsed, and patted with paper towels to dry
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- After drying chickpeas, toss in a bowl with olive oil and salt. Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, until crunchy and golden.
- Combine the remaining spices and sprinkle over the roasted chickpeas. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love quick and easy recipes? Want more? We need your feedback! Leave a comment below about this article or anything else on the site.