Take on Taco Tuesday with this zesty recipe!
One of our favorite things about tacos is how versatile they are. There are literally hundreds of taco recipes out there to choose from, but unfortunately, they aren’t all created equal when it comes to taste and nutritional value. Many of the recipes we come across are loaded with greasy or unhealthy add-ins, but not this one! Roasted Corn and Black Bean Tacos are made with only 100% whole food ingredients, and they don’t sacrifice anything when it comes to flavor.
Perfect for Meatless Mondays, this black bean taco recipe combines with our roasted corn recipe for a scrumptious meat-free meal option. Top these tacos with a dollop of our Guacamole Verde, and you’ve got a taste that can’t be beat! Hosting Taco Tuesday for a larger crowd? Try serving your taco ingredients in a Fiesta Taco Tray. Your guests will love it.
Roasted Corn and Black Bean Tacos
- 4 soft corn tortillas small, warmed or whole-wheat tortillas - recipe for Homemade Tortillas
- 1 cup corn recipe for Easy Oven Roasted Corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes divided
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/4 cup red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, roughly chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a medium non-stick skillet, toss together the corn and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add ¼ tsp red chili flakes (or more if you like a little extra spice) and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Allow the corn to cook in the olive oil, stirring occasionally – This will take approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove and set aside when corn is tender and slightly browned.
- Meanwhile, mix the lime juice, garlic, ¼ tsp red chili flakes, and a pinch of salt in a small bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Set aside.
- In the skillet, combine black beans and chili-lime juice mixture. Heat the beans over medium heat and allow them to absorb the chili-lime mixture. This will take approximately 3 minutes.
- Spoon the black beans and corn into warm tortillas and sprinkle with the sliced red onions and chopped cilantro.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite recipe from Skinny Ms.? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.