A blend of olive oil with butter, balsamic vinegar, and some freshly chopped herbs make this sautéed mushroom recipe healthy and full of flavor. You can use white button mushrooms if that’s what you have on hand, but a few different varieties will give you even more depth of flavor. Top a piece of chicken or steak with these mushrooms to elevate your weeknight dinner, or just eat these sublime mushrooms on their own. If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy mushrooms, this superfood recipe is a good start.
Crazy Good Sautéed Mushrooms with Fresh Herbs
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms of your choice sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure butter
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thyme freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary freshly chopped
- sea salt to taste
- pepper freshly ground, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted, add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are brown and fragrant, approximately 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and add the garlic. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir. Mix in the fresh herbs and serve.