A blend of olive oil with butter, balsamic vinegar, and some freshly chopped herbs make this sautéed mushroom recipe healthy and full of flavor. You can use white button mushrooms if that’s what you have on hand, but a few different varieties will give you even more depth of flavor. Top a piece of chicken or steak with these mushrooms to elevate your weeknight dinner, or just eat these sublime mushrooms on their own. If you’re looking for a delicious way to enjoy mushrooms, this superfood recipe is a good start.
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 cup mushrooms|Calories: 43| Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 5 mg | Sodium: 17 mg | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 2 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2
- 1/2 pound mixed mushrooms of your choice, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pure butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. When the butter is melted, add the mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms until they are brown and fragrant, approximately 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and add the garlic. Cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and stir. Mix in the fresh herbs and serve.