While the word “primavera” makes us think of light dishes with healthy veggies, many chicken primavera recipes are anything but healthy. This one, made with plenty of vegetables and garlic, doesn’t include pasta or cream, but we promise that you won’t miss them in this shredded chicken dish. It’s one of many chicken bowl recipes that comes together quickly and makes a great use of leftover chicken you may have in the fridge. If you’re looking for a healthier chicken primavera, look no further; you’ve found it!
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup|Calories: 322| Total Fat: 17 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 64 mg | Sodium: 134 mg | Carbohydrates: 15 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 27 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the bell peppers and carrots and sauté until crisp tender. Stir in the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and chicken and cook until the spinach is wilted. Add the lemon juice.
- Top with the sprouts before serving.
Find more healthy spring and summer dishes from SkinnyMs. Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.