Finally, a truly light and healthy primavera!
While the word “primavera” makes us think of light dishes with healthy veggies, many chicken primavera recipes are anything but healthy. This one, made with plenty of vegetables and garlic, doesn’t include pasta or cream, but we promise that you won’t miss them in this shredded chicken dish. It’s one of many chicken bowl recipes that comes together quickly and makes a great use of leftover chicken you may have in the fridge. If you’re looking for a healthier option, look no further; you’ve found it! Try this Shredded Chicken Primavera Bowl tonight!
Shredded Chicken Primavera Bowl
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion small, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 carrot small, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup boneless and skinless chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the bell peppers and carrots and sauté until crisp-tender. Stir in the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the spinach and chicken and cook until the spinach is wilted. Add the lemon juice.
- Top with the sprouts before serving.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Find more healthy spring and summer dishes from Skinny Ms. Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter.
Check out our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.