Skinny Lasagna Rolls are perfectly proportioned, filled with delicious, traditional Italian ingredients including flavorful herbs and spices. Skinny Lasagna Rolls are a healthy alternative to regular lasagna in individual-sized rolls, and low-calorie too. Make Skinny Lasagna Rolls ahead of time and keep them in the freezer for a healthy recipe that pleases the whole family.
Skinny Lasagna Rolls won the Joyful Cook-Off on the Today Show’s Kathie Lee & Hoda! Gale Compton created Skinny Lasagna Rolls to encourage others to eat healthier and smaller portions, while at the same time enjoying the taste of traditional lasagna.
10 servings | Cals: 240 | Pro: 15 g | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Fat: 8.5 g | Saturated fat: 3.5 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Fiber: 5 g | Sugar: 4 g | Sodium: 460 mg | SmartPoints: 9 |
- 10 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked to al dente (about 8 minutes), well drained
- 1 (24 ounce) jar marinara sauce (no sugar added, I like Ragu Lite or Amy's Pasta Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach, loosely packed and chopped well
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim, shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese (small curd if possible)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Add 1 1/4 cups marinara to a 13" x 9" x 2" casserole dish.
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat to medium-low heat. Saute garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add chopped spinach and saute until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, spinach, ricotta, 1 cup mozzarella, cottage cheese, egg white, oregano, salt and pepper.
- On a work surface, lined with parchment paper, arrange lasagna noodles flat, add 1/4 cup cheese and spinach mixture to each noodle, spread evenly to cover noodles. Start rolling the noodle at the end closest to you. Place lasagna rolls seam side down, not quite touching, in the prepared casserole dish. Evenly spread 1 cup marinara over rolls, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly. If desired, serve rolls with additional heated marinara.