Have healthy lemon chicken ready in less time than it takes to pickup takeout.
Craving take-out, but don’t want to splurge on the calories? Or MSG? Or too much salty, soy saucy, well, soy sauce? No worries! We’ve got dinner dialed in with this delicious Lemon Chicken Skillet. Tender chicken is coated in a vibrant and zesty lemon sauce. This lemon chicken recipe tastes delicious on top of brown rice, quinoa or alongside a tender kale salad. Enjoy!
Our lemon chicken is made with the juice and zest of three whole lemons, which are a fruit that’s high in fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants which fight cancer and lower stroke risk. Pairing a vitamin C rich fruit with chicken allows more of the iron in the chicken to be absorbed, and iron is a mineral that many women are missing in their diets! Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, and when cooked in coconut oil, this dish turns out to be low in calories and bursting with delicious, Asian-inspired flavor.
Enjoying this simply prepared dish on a weeknight at home? Consider serving it on a bed of whole grains, such as the aforementioned brown rice or quinoa. Or you could choose to serve this lemon chicken recipe at a dinner party, or for a group of family and loved ones, as its presentation and sophisticated flavor are impressive. Add a few Asian-inspired sides such as bok choy or edamame, and your meal will feel like a feast.
Skinny Lemon Chicken Skillet
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 3 lemons juiced and zested
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce Braggs aminos, or coconut aminos as substitute
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup green onions diced
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden brown, turning with a spatula every 2-3 minutes to evenly cook.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, lemon zest, vegetable broth, Braggs aminos, cornstarch and honey. Drizzle over the cooked chicken. Turn heat to low, cover and cook until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and green onions. Serve and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms