Making a Sunday brunch for a crowd of friends and loved ones? Getting Saturday breakfast ready for the kids? Or just looking for a healthy and delicious breakfast for one, perfectly-portioned? Our Skinny Protein Breakfast Frittatas are perfect for all occasions. A lovely presentation in a ramekin, and loaded with protein, nutrients, and savory flavor, this breakfast is sure to become a go-to in your recipe repertoire.
Egg whites utilize the most healthy portion of the egg, contributing lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids to this healthy meal. Baby spinach is one of our favorite superfood greens, rich in antioxidants and fiber. Sundried tomatoes offer lycopene and other phytonutrients. And a small amount of feta cheese adds just the right amount of tangy, cheesy flavor, without excess fat and calories.
These beautiful little frittata dishes are deceptively simple to prepare. Simply whisk your ingredients together in a mixing bowl, and divide the mixture evenly between your ramekins. After just twenty minutes in the oven, these frittatas are ready to serve to guests. We like to add a green side salad for a light brunch, or pair with another green vegetable: grilled asparagus is a favorite. Add a light, refreshing tea or flavored water for a healthy brunch that’s sure to impress. Try one of our skinny tea concoctions, or a delicious flavored water recipe.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1/2 cup or 1 ramekin | Calories: 70 | Total Fat: 2 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 34 mg | Sodium: 165 mg | Carbohydrates: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints: 2
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach, torn into small pieces
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, fat-free
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Lightly oil 6 (1/2 cup) ramekins and evenly divide egg mixture into bowls.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes or until eggs puff and are almost set in the center. Serve hot.
Make sure that you subscribe to our newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything SkinnyMs.